So I went for that audition. Fail. Enough said. Still, it's another experience with other people.
At this point in time, I feel like I have 2 main gripes on my mind; weight and unemployment.
I'll go with weight first.
Tonight, my mum, dad, brother and I visited my sister in Leuchars because her husband was working back-shift or something. I didn't pay attention to the details that much but it's not important. It's on the way back I'm thinking of. It's become a daily occurrence for my mum to have a go at me about my weight and, all the better when my dad's there, because he pipes in about his heart problems which are a genuine concern obviously. Apparently heart problems are hereditary so I've got that to look forward to. But he's like "Oh I was never your weight! You'll be lucky if you see 50!" which is something everyone wants to hear from their father. So that's a concern.
Then my mum came out with something which seemed to cap her ranting. She was like "OH I CAN'T STAND WATCHING YOU KILL YOURSELF!" Never has she uttered something so strong at me, ever. So I was a wee bit taken aback. But my natural response is to bat back with something unfunny and out of time and inappropriate. I said "it's not like I'm addicted to heroin! I would understand your concern if that were truly the case." So I was fairly taken aback. The thing is, I don't see how I keep gaining weight. I really don't. Boredom is a source of a lot of my calories just now, so I could certainly see the logic. But I don't think I'm killing myself. Am I?
Who knows. All I know is I'm too wound up to talk about unemployment now. So, I'll enjoy the rest of Glee then look forward to Eastenders on BBC3 at 10pm.
Au revoir, mes enfants!
Paul xx
No comments:
Post a Comment