Tuesday, 18 January 2011

Updates!

Good evening reader(s?)

How are we all?

I just thought now would be as good a time as any to have a cheeky wee ramble seeing as I haven't done it for a while.

What's new you ask? Well, quite a fair bit in the grand scheme of things I suppose.
1) I *think* I nearly have a job. I'm not gonna say any more about it because knowing my luck I'll jinx it!
2) I'm doing the "Address To A Haggis" on Saturday at a Burns supper, which if there any people of a Non-Scottish persuasion reading (hello if you are!) is a poem that's read as someone presents the Haggis at a Burns Supper. It's a specific poem called "Address To A Haggis". I, however, thought that it could be any Rabbie Burns standard, like My Love is like a Red Red Rose. I was indeed wrong....
3) I've been writing like a son of a bitch! Honest, I'm churning out so much and I'm so proud.

I've been writing something that I'm calling a Scottish version of The Inbetweeners, but less smutty. I went on the BBC website who say that a submitted script should be in full and at least 30 pages or 30 minutes. It says that most unsolicited scripts won't receive replies but I figure where is the harm? If they reject me again, I'll just send it again!

When I was 14 or 15, me and my friend David sent an idea for a sketch show down which was utter crap, but at the time it seemed friggin' genius! They were even nice enough to send us a reply. It was probably because we were children-ish at the time and they didn't want to destroy our ambitions entirely. The reply was basically like "okay....this is good! Here's a few magazines to read to help you out in the future". But now they say they won't accept submissions of sketch shows. Which is fine! Mine isn't a sketch show!

It's gonna be a long complicated road getting it finished but I'm going for broke. Love it.

Also! I'm writing a romance/thriller based in the 1920s. There's apparently a ghost in the Alhambra who fell to her death after being pursued by her husband to the dress circle of the the theatre, tripping on her dress and then falling over the side and breaking her neck on the stalls below. My story starts with that as a preface and then going back and finding how she got to that point and whether she fell or was pushed! So we shall see how that one pans out! Very excited though.

That's all folks!
Paul xx

No comments:

Post a Comment