I will mostly be doing the following;
Tomorrow (Tuesday 24th Aug) I'm hitting the Fringe! This was *meant* to be happening on sunday but the man-flu put paid to that. Thanks man-flu. However, plans have changed slightly. We're still going to see Spring Awakening (which I've n0 doubt, I'll get all bitter and complain about!) but we were also gonna see Caroline Rhea's stand up. Which I've since decided against. Caroline Rhea is probably better known, well better known to me anyway, as Aunt Hilda from Sabrina the Teenage Witch. I'm not too sure why I decided against it. That makes me sound hella selfish because there's 2 of us going, I just didn't fancy it too much and my pal I'm going with is very reasonable. I now sound like a prize tosser. SO! We're gonna see Edges. I've heard lots about the show and that it's apparently quite good. So WAYY!
For the rest of the week, I've decided to do something I probably should've done absolutely ages ago. I'm gonna compile an audition folio. As someone who's been claiming to be an out-of-work actor, I haven't really done anything to make myself an in-work actor. In 2 years I've had very few opportunities, and in fairness, I haven't really gone out of my way to get them. BAD PAUL. So I don't blame anyone bar myself for lack of progress. As I realised not so long ago, only I can control my destiny. True words. So, I'm not gonna dwell on getting the opportunities here anymore.
BECAAAUUSE!;
I got an email this morning from an acting agency in Oz this morning saying that they would be happy to audition me when I arrive! FUCKING SCOREEEE!!!! SO! Part of my decision to up my audition folio is so that I'm prepared with whatever they ask for. So here's what I'm thinking.
Songs.
1) Musical Theatre - ballad
2) Musical Theatre - uptempo (something Jason Robert Brown?)
3) Musical Theatre - something funny
4) Rock - driving song (Meat Loaf? Creed?)
5) Rock - ballad (Creep.)
6) Rock - easy uptempo (Paolo and his new shoes all the way.)
7) Pop - ballad (Suddenly by Angry Anderson in a key or 2 lower?)
8) Pop - uptempo (Just Haven't Met You Yet - Bublé, gotta be.)
Monologues.
1) Funny
2) Shakespearean
3) Serious
4) Contemporary
NB - I need extra help with monologues so answers on a postcard please.
So I'm thoroughly career driven just now. Which is ace. I don't wanna land in Australia come October and achieve SFA (sweet fuck all).
I don't know what more there is to say except my new joint favourite song is "Stoney End" by Barbra Streisand. I don't know how proper it is for a boy to sing it. I don't think there's anything quintessentially femme about it. That and Suddenly by Angry Anderson are fast becoming the most played.
I don't think there's anything else to say for tonight.
OH yeah. Congrats to Kimmeh! Whatever happens, you KEN i'm rooting for you! Sushi's on me :). (her twitter is http://www.twitter.com/KimShepherd_ so give her a follow!)
Peace and love.
Paul xx
Paul xx
PS. I got a new camera from my mum and dad for going away and I couldn't resist playing with it before then. So here's a sample of the quality. I'm most impressed.
No comments:
Post a Comment