Sunday, 20 June 2010

I'm usually rubbish at blogging and posting.

So the plan is to not be! Seems simple enough eh?

Probably not though. As I mentioned in the about me section, I am quite an extreme person. I always think the most extreme of any situation or feel the most extreme way any person probably would in that situation. It's not a conscious thing, it just happens, be it relationshipping, getting on a bus late at night, ambitions in life etc etc.


I think the fact that I'm quite extreme should make for some interesting reading. Or, on t'other coin face, you'll be able to look at this and go "shiiiit, I've got my problems, but nout like this guy!" It would please me if you had that reaction, because then I'd have unconsciously helped your life in some way.


In my actual little profile bitty it says I'm an OOWA (an Out Of Work Actor). I'm not properly actively seeking acting work. I'll occasionally send an email to a casting agent or an agent if something interesting comes up, but I do some admin work with my youth theatre....which is fine....when I get it. No fun. Acting is the super-ambition.

That's most likely the word for it. Super-ambition.
Coupling the fact that I'm a man of extremes and the fact that the super-ambition is acting, my trip to Australia is justified.

The opportunity first popped up in November last year when my mum said "why don't you go to Australia to stay with Aunty Cherry for a wee while?" I thought hmmm.....okay. I could do that. So I thought, I'll have a wee look into it. When I did, there was something called a working holiday visa which entitles anyone between the ages of 21 and 35 the opportunity to go "down under" and work for up to 2 years. I filled in all the forms and then hit the proverbial bump in the road. I needed either a return ticket or A$1000 to buy one and A$5000, which comes to about £3,500. I don't have that kind of money! So, downhearted, I put my Aussie dream on a back burner.


That is, I put it on a back burner until tuesday when my Aunty Cherry who was visiting came over and reposed the question to me. I told her that I'd considered it but didn't have the money and she said, well why don't I sponsor you the money you need? SO YES! It's finally fricking happening. Well, I've not filled in the visa form again. But I now know the answer to the bump in the road question, do you have blah-blah-blah. YES! YES AUSTRALIAN IMMIGRATION I DO! YAY!!! And now, what is there really to stop me?


Just as a random end to the blog I thought I'd list the 3 most important things in my life.
  1. My nephew, Alfie.
  2. My friends.
  3. My own personal sense of individuality.
I'll blog more as developments with Australia or anything else happening.
But how's that for an opener?!

Muchos loving. Paul xx

PS: This is me in action. Just thought I'd post it for all y'alls amoozmint.

No comments:

Post a Comment